MARIMBAFEST 2021: SOLO MARIMBA & ENSEMBLE COMPETITION
About The Event
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Marimbafest 2021 is open to residents of Australia only.
Marimbafest returns to the Conservatorium of Music with a brand new solo marimba and ensemble competition week! Featuring faculty artists Dr Matthew Lau (Hong Kong), Kana Omori (Japan), Stephen Hall and Jaime Esposito from Spectrum Ensemble (USA), Robert Oetomo (NSW), Catherine Betts and Joshua Webster from Kaboom Percussion (WA), Brian Maloney (WA), Paul Tanner (WA) and directed by Adam Tan (WA), this is an event for percussionists of all levels who wish to showcase their performance skills and get valuable feedback in a friendly and positive competition environment.
Marimbafest 2021 week will consist of:
· Two CATEGORIES of competition: SOLO (1 player, solo marimba) and ENSEMBLE (2-10 players, chamber ensemble)
· Two CLASSES of competition: A CLASS (under the age of 18) and OPEN CLASS (all ages)
· All participants receive valuable feedback and can potentially win prizes (last Marimbafest had over $6,000 worth of prizes!)
· Masterclasses for participants all week from the faculty artists covering areas like technique, performance, composition, career and more
· Marimbafest Shop for all your percussion gear needs
- SOLO COMP PARTICIPANT PASS$150$1500$0
- ENSEMBLE COMP PARTICIPANT$90$900$0